What to do When Mistreated or Abused by the Police

CITIZEN: What If I Have Been Mistreated Or Had My Rights Abused By The Police?

Do you have a complaint against a member of the Security Forces (JCF, ISCF, JDF, District Constables), Correctional Officer or a Public Officer? Do you have a tip or information that may assist INDECOM with our investigations?

Call the INDECOM's Tip and Incident lines, LIME - 1-888-991-5555 and DIGICEL - 1-888-935-5550



INDECOM's offices are located at:

Headquarters & Eastern Regional Office

1A Dumfries Road,

Kingston 10

New Kingston


Telephone: 968-8875, 968-1932, 9202324

Toll Free: 1-888-FOR-HELP

Fax: 960-4767


Western Regional Office

Praise Concourse Plaza

18 Queens Drive

Montego Bay

St. James

Telephone: 940-2310


Central Regional Office

Cobblestone Professional Centre

Unit 10

1 Brumalia Road



Telephone: 961-8453, 961-1542, 961- 4171


or email at [email protected] or [email protected]


Additionally, you can contact any of the following entitites:



The Police Public Complaints Authority
12 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston
Toll free Tel: 1-888-367-4357
Tel: 967-3603/4063

The Office of the Public Defender
78 Harbour Street, Kingston
Tel: 922-7089/ 922-7109

The Human Rights Consultant
Ministry of National Security
2 Kensington Cres., Kingston 5
Tel: 906-4908/ 920-7181/ 948- 6465

The Office of the Attorney General
Mutual Life Building, (North Tower)
2 Oxford Road, Kingston 5
Tel: 906-2414/ 906-1678

Kingston Legal Aid Clinic Limited
131 Tower Street, Kingston
Tel: 922-3792/ 922-3761/ 922-3556

The Norman Manley Law School Legal Aid Clinic
Gibraltar Camp Road
University of the West Indies
Mona, Kingston 7
Tel: 927-1007

Jamaicans for Justice
2A Grants Pen Road
Kingston 8
Tel: 755-4524

The Independent Jamaica Council for Human Rights
131 Tower Street, Kingston
Tel: 967-1204